TERMS & CONDITIONS
Symposium Events Pty Ltd | Registered in Australia | ABN 44 138 177 938
Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions, the following terms have the following meanings:
- “Company” The employer of the Delegate as named on the booking form
- “Delegate” Any person who attends the Conference. “Conference”
- “Organisers” Symposium Events Pty Ltd
- “Package” The facilities offered during the Event to include conference sessions, meals and refreshments during session breaks and presentation material post conference (where speaker permission has been granted)
2. Law and Jurisdiction
2.1 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Australian law and any disputes resulting from an interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be settled by an Australian court.
3. Applications to attend an Event
3.1 Applications to attend an Event must be made via the online registration page or the Organisers’ official booking form, which must be completed in full. The Organisers may accept applications in writing at their sole discretion. No alterations to these terms and conditions can be accepted without the written consent of the Organisers.
4.1 The event will include all the facilities more specifically set out on the booking form and/or on the website at goldevents.com.au
4.2 The Delegate/Company will be charged and will pay the venue directly during the Event for all goods and services not included in the package.
4.3 The Delegate/Company accept that travel and hotel accommodation must be paid for by his or her company. The organisers will not accept invoices or charges relating to delegates travel and or accommodation.
5. Contract and Termination
5.1 On the acceptance of the official booking form or online booking by the Organisers, a contract relating to the Event will exist between the Organisers and the Delegate/Company.
In case of non-payment of any sum due from the Delegate/Company, whether legally demanded or not, or of the breach, or non-observance, by the Delegate/Company of any of these terms and conditions, or any regulations to be observed by the Delegate/Company, the Organisers shall have right to terminate the contract and to refuse passage to the Delegate/Company or attendance to the Event by the Delegate/Company without prejudice to the right to recover all sums payable by the Delegate/Company and all other claims against it, and any loss or damage sustained by the Organisers.
6. Withdrawal or Cancellation by Delegate/Company and substitution policy
6.1 Any notification of withdrawal or cancellation by the Company and/or Delegate must be in writing and sent to the Organisers. Cancellation will be deemed to have occurred when written notification has been received by the Organisers.
6.2 A substitution from the same organisation can be made at any time in writing at no extra charge.
6.3 The withdrawal of Delegates/Companies causes the organisers a loss of earnings and therefore, we do not issue refunds once payment has been made.
6.4 The Organisers reserve the right to alter or cancel the Event without notice (including substitution, alternation or cancellation of event programme, speakers, topics, dates and location). The Organisers are not responsible for any loss or damage as a result of alteration of an event.
6.5 If the Organiser cancels an event, payments received at the cancellation date will be credited towards attendance at a future conference or in the event of postponement towards the rescheduled date. All credit notes remain valid for twenty four months.
7. Payment terms
7.1 Full payment is due upon receipt of invoice.
7.2 Delegates/Companies will not have rights to attend the Event until payment is made in full and will not be allowed to attend any other sessions or social functions at events hosted and run by Symposium Events Pty Ltd ATA Gold Events
7.3 Once a booking is complete, no future promotional offers can be used in conjunction with the original booking.
8. Postponement, abandonment or speaker cancellation
8.1 To the fullest extent permitted by law the Company shall not have any claim against the Organisers in respect of any loss or damage consequent upon the failure for whatever reason to hold any part of the Event or of the venue at which the Event is scheduled to take place becoming wholly or partially unavailable for the holding of the Event.
If by rearrangement or postponement of the period of the Event, or by substitution of another venue for the holding of the Event, or any other reasonable manner, the Event can take place, the contract between the Organisers and the Company shall remain in force.
8.2 If the Organisers have to alter the content or timing of the Conference Programme or the identity of any speakers, for any reason whatsoever; the organisers are not liable to refund Delegate/Company fees or pay for additional costs incurred by Delegates/Companies
9.1 The Organisers are not responsible for the safety of any property of the Delegate/Company, or for its loss, damage or destruction or for any loss or damage sustained by the Delegate/Company, in each case for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility can be accepted by the
9.2 Organisers for any consequences arising from postponement or abandonment of the Event. The Company should take out its own insurance to cover all liabilities and risks as well as non-attendance by the Delegate/Company for whatever reason.
9.3 The Organisers will ask companies to provide their certificate of insurance as part of agreeing to participate in the conference/event
10. Fire Precautions
10.1 The Company and the Delegate must comply with any reasonable instructions given by the venue or any other authority regarding fire precautions.
11. Information and Copyright
11.1 Information supplied by the Organisers in relation to any event is accurate to the best of their knowledge and belief, but shall not constitute any warranty or representation by the Organisers and any inaccuracy or mistake in such information or omission from it shall not entitle the Company to cancel its booking.
11.2 Unless stated otherwise, all information and data relating to the Event, which is supplied by the Organisers to the Delegate/Company, is for use by that Delegate/Company only, is the copyright of the Organisers and cannot be passed on to any third party for any purpose.
12.1 The Organisers reserve the right to exclude or remove from the Event any person whose presence, in the opinion of the Organisers, is or is likely to be undesirable or may put the safety and wellbeing of the other delegates or staff at risk.
13. Data Protection
13.1 The personal information shown and/or provided by you will be held in a database. It may be used to keep you up to date with developments in your industry. Sometimes your details may be obtained or made available to third parties for marketing purposes. If you do not with your details to be used for this purpose, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Covid Policy
In line with Government directions we will be observing Covid safe policies. Please note all attendees to the Gold Conference will need to be double vaccinated to attend the conference.
At the event
We are working closely with our event venue to ensure all precautionary health and safety measures are taken. Enhanced measures in place at the gold conference live event include:
• Increased cleaning and disinfection programme across all high-volume touch points, e.g. catering areas, surfaces, handrails, WCs, entrances/exits etc. along with the use of correct cleaning/sanitising materials and products will be done by the venue
• Provide hand sanitiser in communal areas within the venue
• Awareness and training to all staff on standard personal preventative measures, e.g. personal hygiene, frequency of use of sanitising/disinfection products etc.
• Work with the venue to ensure all surfaces are regularly sanitized
• Sanitise all microphones and lecterns after each session
• Request that any attendee who starts to experience cold or flu-like symptoms at the event lets a member of staff know and seeks medical attention as soon as possible. Attendance can be transferred to a colleague who is well enough to attend
What if I have concerns about development of symptoms onsite?
Our central point of contact will be at the registration desk, which is always staffed during event hours. In the case of a potential symptomatic individual, once detection has occurred, venue staff will escort the individual to an isolation room. The individual will then be asked to contact their doctor for further advice.
Recommendations to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases particularly (Coronavirus) COVID-19
The following guidelines are set out in accordance with the WHO and the Australian Government:
• Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands
• Avoid close contact with anyone who has a fever and cough or is sick
• Stay home if you are sick
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider
Further resources on COVID-19 and attending events:
These terms and conditions pertain to all events, gatherings be they in person or online
Symposium Events Pty Ltd. Registered in Australia. ABN 44 138 177 938
Get in touch.
Should you have any queries or concerns, please contact us.